Boys Varsity Soccer
For those that make the roster there will be pre-season scrimmages. Please see the list below for information
Pre-season scrimmages August 13th 2022
Independence Park, Canton MI
Tryouts are Monday, August 8th-Wednesday, August 10th 7a-8:30a; 5:30-7p. Attendance at both sessions, all three days, is highly encouraged.
If your son will miss part of tryouts due to band or choir camp, please Jill Anderson and Carrie Leahy, and have your son mention it to Jon too.
Please carefully read the instructions below.
Registration for Pioneer Athletics is now open!! Use this link to register. There are 3 steps to complete before tryouts on Aug. 8-10th:
1. Fill out the registration forms HERE
2. Pay the pay to participate fee $250 and insurance fee $15 on the Ann Arbor Rec and Ed website. If your player is an incoming freshman, you only have to pay the $15 insurance fee. Once your player is rostered on a team you will pay the rec and ed pay to participate fee or the freshman club fee to the Men's Soccer Program.
3. Turn in a completed physical examination form. This must be from a physical appt that took place after April 15th and is signed by your son's physician. It can be turned in to the Pioneer Athletic Office in person or scanned and sent via email to Maureen Murrett at email@example.com
After tryouts end and teams are determined we have a parent meeting for those on teams. We will have scrimmages on Saturday August 13th for all of the teams (location and times TBD) and more info coming, but pencil in Monday, August 15th for the parent meeting (in the evening). We will likely hand out uniforms at that meeting. Note that games will start shortly after tryouts, and before school starts.
The Pioneer Men's soccer team will be holding optional work outs for prospective players, including incoming freshmen.
The workouts begin begins June 13th:
- Monday and Wednesday starting 5:30pm-7pm at Pioneer.
- Quiet Period times (breaks in workouts) TBD.
- Tryouts August 8-10, morning and evening sessions times TBD.